-->

Monday, June 8, 2009

Ode to Joy


So today i was having one of those days. where you feel the world has turned on you and you would rather just crawl inside your bed for the rest of the day...maybe even the entire week. What I failed to realize was that all the 'issues' I was having were not problems at all....they were just all misinterperated blessings. A nagging mom, a pestering grandpa, time of the month, and painful jaw. It was really getting on my nerves but after calming down and getting my mind off of it for several hours I realized I wasn't seeing the issues for what they really were; A worried mother, an anxious grandpa, a healthy body, and recovery of a wisdom tooth extraction. All of which I should be completely grateful for... aside from the extraction. (Although I guess I should be thankful).

Most of the time when I'm having those days. All I have to do is pause and rethink my life and I soon realize I am truly lucky....... but its so hard to find the pause button in such a fast passed life we all live in these days. So for the rest of my time in Japan I'm going to try to cherish the time I have here and the time I have left with my grandpa. I didn't realize till today that I hadn't been in Japan for 3 years. No wonder he is bouncing up and down the walls trying to keep me happy.

I wish I had realized this all sooner =( I feel bad for not having spent more time with him. We are going out to lunch tomorrow though and then after my dentist appointment I promised to cook him dinner. This time I'm not going to fuck it up!!! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment